Listed below are helpful guidelines:
- Ensure you keep your web browser updated as only the latest versions have the most recent security patches.
- To ensure your computer is safeguarded against unauthorised activity, ensure that your computer has up-to-date security software before using CDF Online. This includes the use of a personal firewall together with anti-virus, anti-spam and anti-spyware software which needs to be regularly updated.
- When entering your personal information always check that you are on a secure website as shown by a padlock image on the web browser page and you protect your access details.
- Passwords should be changed regularly, hard to guess and always kept confidential.
- Never logon to a website by clicking a link embedded in an email.
- Our staff will never ask for your password over the phone.
- Do not use shared computers at public places, such as Internet cafes, and do not use free public Wi-Fi for any online transactions.
The Catholic Development Fund Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn (the Fund) is required by law to make the following disclosure. The Fund is not prudentially supervised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority nor has it been examined or approved by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. An investor in the Fund will not receive the benefit of the financial claims scheme or the depositor protection provisions in the Banking Act 1959 (Cth). Investments in the Fund are intended to be a means for investors to support the charitable, religious and educational works of the Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn and for whom the consideration of profit are not of primary relevance in the investment decision. The investments that the Fund offers are not subject to the usual protections for investors under the Corporations Act (Cth) or regulation by Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Investors may be unable to get some or all of their money back when the investor expects or at all and any investment of the Fund are not comparable to investments with banks, finance companies or fund managers. The Fund’s identification statement may be viewed at www.cdf.cg.catholic.org.au or by contacting the Fund. The Fund does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence.